International Erasmus+ project
Youth Workers Mobility
“Dare to Care”
Youth violence is a global public health problem that ranges from bullying and physical fighting to more severe sexual and physical assault and even homicide. Effective prevention of violence among adolescents and young adults is a key strategy for reducing the rates of bullying, gender-based violence and school dropout, and empowering social inclusion.
– Reduce violence-supportive attitudes by working directly with young girls and boys (ages 13-18) and by changing underlying harmful social norms and gender stereotypes that drive gender inequality and violence towards and among children and youth;
– Through conducting training of Youth Group methodology, provide needed knowledge to educational and support staff in schools and youth centers to recognize and stop violence among and towards youth (ages 13-18);
– Through further local activities and international cooperation within and after this project, take part in achieving Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5 – achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls; SDG 4, which aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, and SDG 16, which aims to promote peaceful and inclusive societies.
Participants: 18 youth workers, educators, trainers, social workers, mentors, and other professionals working with teenagers and youth.
Project coordinated by MARTA Center (Latvia)
- International training course, Latvia, February 24 – 28, 2020
- Piloting of Youth Group methodology in project partner countries, March – October 2020
- Follow up meeting, Latvia, October 28 – 30, 2020
Expected results and impact: Project activities will lead to an increased capacity of youth workers and peer trainers in working with gender-based violence prevention among youth. Youth workers will be equipped with a set of tested non-formal education methods – Youth Group methodology – which will be adapted to culturally specific settings of partner countries, thus providing more effective and locally applicable tools for preventive work. Project activities and partner countries’ experience exchange will increase awareness and promote understanding on issues regarding gender roles, existing harmful stereotypes and prejudices and their linkage to violence among various societies and cultures.
Project duration: 01.01.-31.12.2020.
Project Nr. 2019-3-LV02-KA105-002799
Project implemented with the support of Erasmus+ program and Agency for International Programs for Youth, Latvia